24: Head Cold Natural Remedies
Head Cold Natural Remedies
This is the list of items I keep in my medicine cabinet in case I, or someone I care about, catches a cold. I have found it to be very helpful to have all of these items on hand so at the first sign of a sore throat or sniffles I can begin to use these supplements and protocols to help my body fight off the germs as fast as possible. I have witnessed natural medicine working much faster and more efficiently than over the counter symptom suppressing drugs!
All of these items and how to use them were taught to me by Naturopathic Doctors.
1. Organic Elder Berry Extract: http://amzn.to/1qVicMH
2. Organic Throat Coat Tea: http://amzn.to/1qViKSG
3. Nasal Colloidal Silver Spray: http://amzn.to/1qViZ0g
4. OLBAS (For steam inhalation and NOT for bathing): http://amzn.to/2448hqf
5. Neti Pod Kit: http://amzn.to/1qVk7Rw
6. For the 90 Essential Nutrients, Killer Biotic and the essential oil blends (1st Defence and To Be Well) Visit http://takeyoursupplements.com
Chat with a True Health Coach. They will help you order the right supplements for you!
These tips are what I have gathered from several top holistic doctors. When you need to boost your immune system:
Avoid sugar, including grains, fruit and juice.
Increase healthy protein, like eggs, free-range chicken, beef and broth.
Eat more leafy green veggies
Avoid processed food. If it comes in a package and has ingredients you don't recognise as organic, don't eat it.
Or put another way, if it is a plant, eat it. If it comes from a (manufacturing) plant…Don't eat it.
Immune Boosting Activities:
Cold Wet Socks:
1. Drench your cotton socks in cold water or yarrow tea then stick them in the freezer.
2. Take a very hot bath or shower for 20 minutes. Feel free to add the Youngevity essential oil blends I mentioned above in your bath. Ten drops should work.
3. Take the now frozen wet socks and put them on your toasty warm feet and cover the wet cotton socks with dry wool socks.
4. Keep both pairs of socks on and go to bed. When you wake up your feet will be warm and you’ll feel a lot better than you did the night before.
5. Repeat the wet sock treatment for three nights in a row for best results.
Neti Pot (Nasal Irrigation):
Follow instructions that come with your Neti Pot.
Essential Oil Steam Inhaler:
1. Boil water
2. Remove from heat and pour the water into a large bowl.
3. Add 2 drops of Olbas essential oil.
4. Cover your head and the bowl with a large bath towel
5. Place your face above the bowl and far enough away so the steam doesn't burn you.
6. Inhale the hot steam for 3 minutes.
7. Add another 2 or 3 drops and repeat until the water has cooled down.
8. Repeat several times a day. Follow up with a neti pot, blowing your nose and then colloidal silver nasal spray.
Health Coach, Podcast Creator, Homeschooling Mom, Passionate About God & Healing
Ashley James is a Holistic Health Coach, Podcaster, Rapid Anxiety Cessation Expert, and avid Whole Food Plant-Based Home Chef. Since 2005 Ashley has worked with clients to transform their lives as a Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro-linguistic Programming.
Her health struggles led her to study under the world’s top holistic doctors, where she reversed her type 2 diabetes, PCOS, infertility, chronic infections, and debilitating adrenal fatigue.
In 2016, Ashley launched her podcast Learn True Health with Ashley James to spread the TRUTH about health and healing. You no longer need to suffer; your body CAN and WILL heal itself when we give it what it needs and stop what is harming it!
The Learn True Health Podcast has been celebrated as one of the top holistic health shows today because of Ashley’s passion for extracting the right information from leading experts and doctors of holistic health and Naturopathic medicine
Follow LTH on Social Media
Join The LTH Supportive Community!
Ashley's Top 10 Favorite Episodes
Are you taking a backseat in your own health journey? This episode, featuring the brilliant Dr. Wendie Trubow, will inspire you to grab the wheel
Liz Curran explores a transformative journey toward radical remission and spontaneous healing. Through ten crucial steps, Curran guides readers on a holistic path that encompasses
Dr. Eric Laarakker discusses the paradigm-shifting concept of using Analemma Coherent Structured Water to support the body’s natural healing abilities. Dr. Laarakker emphasizes the scientific
Herbalist Elizabeth Guthrie, Ph.D. in Natural Medicine, shares her insights on the multifaceted world of plants and their significance in promoting well-being. She emphasizes the