Ashley’s Amazing Healthy Keto Chocolate Pudding Meal!
This is one of my favorite healthy recipes because it’s fast, delicious and nutritious. This is safe for diabetics, the ketogenic diet or those who want a healthy alternative to a sugary dessert!
Also, this recipe is SO easy to make that anyone with any experience level can do it easily! Make this for your friends and you will WOW them. They will never know it is actually healthy. I made this as the dessert for our family’s Thanksgiving dinner, and everyone loved it! Even the family member who hates healthy alternatives wanted seconds!
My Chocolate Pudding is a staple in our home. My son calls it chocolate Ice Cream because we don’t feed him junk food so this is the closest he has ever come to ice cream!
It can be used as a meal replacement, dessert or as a great snack because it is so filling and satiating.
We eat this often as a meal when we are on the go or as an evening snack. I’ve also had it for breakfast!
I used to run around to different stores to buy all of the right ingredients but just found it easier to get them from Amazon to save time and money. You will find the links to everything you need below!
At the bottom, I have included info about adding extra fiber. Try it with and then without and see which one you like best. You can also add MCT oil and coconut oil to the mix if you are doing the ketogenic diet should you wish to up the fat content.
What you need:
- Blender (The Vitamix blender is my favorite tool in the kitchen. Best kitchen purchase I have ever made): http://amzn.to/2iVQOfo
– Grass-fed super high quality 100% beef that is not derived from pork because it’s Kosher:
– Or to save money get this more cost-effective gelatin:
- Canned Organic Coconut Milk:
- High-Quality Coco Powder:
- My favorite Stevia powder:
- MCT Oil:
- Dash of Real Salt (healthiest salt):
- Chia Seed Powder:
Makes Six 8oz Servings:
Carbs: 6.5 or (4.5 NET Carbs)
The Health Benefits Of This Recipe:
1. The protein is easy to digest and utilize as collagen is so healing for the gut, helps build healthy connective tissue, hair, skin, and nails.
2. Gentle, healthy fat, good phytonutrients, and antioxidants in cocoa powder and the creamy sweet texture feels like a real treat when it is actually healthy.
3. The big bonus about this is you can make it once or twice a week and use them as snacks or have two servings as a whole meal! Also makes for an excellent breakfast or quick lunch.
- - 3 Cans of Organic Coconut Milk
- - 8 Tablespoons of Unflavored Gelatin (If you like it to be thicker, like a chocolate jello then add 10 or 12 Tbsps. If you would like it to be creamier, more like a mousse pudding, then use 6 – 8 Tbsp.)
- - 6 Heaping Tbsps of Coco Powder
- - Stevia powder to taste (This stevia comes with a tiny scooper. I usually do about 6 – 8 of those scoops but you can add more as you blend and keep checking the flavor to dial in how sweet, or not sweet, you would like it to be.)
- - Dash of Real Salt
- - 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- - 2 Tbsp MCT Oil
- In a blender add your three cans of coconut milk and begin blending on medium.
- As it blends, add the dry ingredients except for the gelatin.
- Taste test to make sure you have enough Stevia.
- Turn the blender to high for 20 – 30 seconds to make it fluffy.
- Bring down to a medium-low speed and add the gelatin.
- Let blend for another few minutes until the gelatin has fully dissolved.
- Stop blender and pour into your cups or travel containers.
- Place them in the fridge. They will be ready in one hour. You can also place them in the freezer to set. Remember to remove them after an hour and put them in the fridge. You can eat one straight from the freezer as it will be like eating a chocolate ice cream pudding.
- If you make a large batch, you can store them in the freezer to last longer. They will last up to a week in the fridge, but if you have a family they usually get eaten up before then!
- Blender: http://amzn.to/2iVQOfo
1. Dash of Real Salt (healthiest salt)
2. Add 1 – 2 tsp Vanilla extract.
FOR MORE HEALTHY FAT:
1. Adding MCT oil would give each serving 4.6g additional fat – 2 Tbsp MCT Oil to batch after adding gelatin to the blender while still blending.
FOR MORE FIBER:
1. If you would like added fiber, you can add Chia Seed powder. To do this, blend four heaping Tbsp of seed powder to 3/4 of extra coconut milk or water.
2. Pour into a bowl and let soak for a few hours before blending into the rest of the mix to prevent this pudding from becoming too granular from the seeds. Add to pudding batch after adding gelatin to the blender while blending.
3. This will add over 3g of fiber to each serving. It will also add 3g more of healthy fat, mostly from omegas, 2g more of protein and a bit more carbs. However, the fiber negates most of the carbs.
4. You will need to add 2 or more tbsp of coco powder and possibly a bit more Stevia to taste.
Enjoy and please let me know how you and your family enjoy my Healthy Chocolate Pudding!
Want more great health tips and recipes? Join our free Facebook group! http://LearnTrueHealth.com/group
To Your Health!